25 September 2014

Dining at the White Horse at Bearstead!

As my Twitter and Instagram followers will know by now, last week it was my little Sister Niamh's 15th birthday and we went out to one her favourite restaurants in the area which is the White Horse at Bearstead, Maidstone. Today I'm going to tell you all about it and what I was wearing that evening.

This pub/restaurant The White Horse is one of three in the area, you also have the Oak on the Green and Fish on the Green which all do similar menus and are at roughly the same price. Main courses at this establishment all cost around the £10-20 bench mark similar to most of the places in this area. However drinks do become expensive, a fruity cider is £4.99 but if you're a wine drinker then expect to pay £16 for a bottle of Merlot, this almost is the same price as one of the main courses. Nevertheless in these establishments you do expect the drinks to be slightly more expensive, so don't bother complaining and spend your evening discussing the cost of drinks.

Now back to our evening, I had a the 26 day old Rib-Eye with a peppercorn sauce, 2 onion rings, double cooked chips and a salad garnish costing; £19.95 and £1.50 for the sauce. Both my Dad and I had this and enjoyed it very much, we consider ourselves to be steak experts. Whilst the Birthday girl  had the Welsh Sea Bass fillets which  was served with lemon and dill crushed potatoes, samphire and asparagus. This was priced at £17.95, she loved it which was expected as she loves her fish dishes. Our additional guest Nana, had hand pulled chicken and Yorkshire ham pie served with mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables costing £13.95. The main critic loved this meal and said it was delicious. The only dish she moaned complained about was her starter which was the Prawn Cocktail; this was because of the dish that it was served up in was extremely hard to eat out of. Therefore she had to pour out the dish onto a bread dish and eat off the plate which was embarrassing for her but for us also. Despite this only complaint, the entire evening was perfect from start to finish; the staff in this establishment are brilliant, all attentive, serving dishes with precision and cooking meat to perfection. A medium rare steak was cooked beautifully, the meat juices running out of the steak onto the potatoes was absolutely heaven. God Job White Horse staff!!

On this delicious evening, I wore my James May style blouse with my black skater skirt, with my patent boot shoes.

 My make up for this evening 

For around the eyes and also the lip line. Then a tinted moisturiser on the cheeks and forehead all from the Natural collection from Boots. After my face was primed, a simple Rimmel eye liner was applied on my eye lids, a Collection extra volume lash mascara afterwards. My lips, I used the L'Oreal lipstick I used when I dressed up as Audrey Hepburn and blended it with Rimmel Kate Moss bright pink lipstick. All these products are available at your Superdrug or Boots. My hair, the Birthday girl did for me with a hair doughnut.


Make Up selfie!

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Cornerstone for Thoughts! | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig