5 May 2015

Style Diary


'Oh there you are' is what most of you must be thinking right now. Well yes I am finally back after a couple of weeks, nearly a month away from blogging. In my defence I have had a hectic week, finishing off my remaining University assignments and continuing with revising for my upcoming exams in June. So please do excuse me for late or even irregular posts, for the next month will be scattered. Scattered being the correct word in that sentence. Let us begin with this long awaited return. 


This look was for an evening out with my Dad, Sister and my Nana. It was a Thursday evening and I felt that it was a suitable outfit choice for a Thursday, evening. I opted for biker sass, swapping boots for tan loafers. This is such a simple look, but one I feel brings a touch of sophistication and class to such a modern look. With the loafers it also takes it from daytime to evening I feel, that glimpse of my feet brings a different edge to the look. The Victorians would be in disgust of this flesh. The scarf also makes a change from your typical necklace. To sum up this entire look, I would suggest this look bringing together all of your staple key pieces, I do think that every girl should have a pair of high waisted skinny jeans, because they bring everything in, elongating your figure. Similarly I do feel that you should spend a lot more on your shoes, your shoes will be the feature of your outfit that is doing the walking, literally. Likewise you should always keep a shirt in your wardrobe, whether patterned or otherwise, just because it can transform a casual look into something a little more stylish. I think anyway. What do you think? Let me know in the comments. 


High waisted Jeans- Primark- £12.00
Loafers- Next- £34
Scarf- New Look- N/A (was a gift_
Leather Jacket- H/M- £19.99
White Shirt- Primark- £8


The biggest difference we have in this image from the previous one, is the most obvious, my hair. Yes its down and curly. For the first time in ages I tried to curl my hair, everytime that I have ever tried to complete such a thing I end up with a Charlie's Angel type quiff, which sometimes is flattering , but other times causes me to look like a just walked out of an institution. I curled my hair using the Babyliss 2858U Petite Elegance Hair Straightener. Cheap & Cheerful. 

*I should also promote heat defence, always always put some spray on your barnet prior to applying heat  just to protect. I'm not fore expensive brands of heat defence, but even the Supermarket own brands of heat defence are perfectly acceptable, Morrisons and Sainsburys own brand are very good and cheap, all good factors when a student and on a budget.*

After my hair is looking like I belong on an advert for L'oreal, I move onto my face. This is the usual make up. 
Base
Garnier BB Blur Creme- £8.99- Boots/Superdrug
 Natural Collection Bronzer- £1.99- Boots
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder- £3.99- Boots/Superdrug
Natural Collection Cover up cream- £1.00- Boots

Brush
Real Techniques- Expert Face Brush- £8.99- Boots
N07- Directional Powder Brush- *In a set*- Boots

Eyes
Urban Decay- Naked Palette 2- £38- House of Fraser
Loreal- Superliner Black- £7.00- Boots
NYC Dark Brown Felt tip liner- £2.99- The Make up Box
Essence- Volumising mascara- £2.30- Wilkinson

Brushes
Real Techniques- Eye brush collection- £19.99- Boots

Lips
 Essence- Nude 05- £2.30- Wilkinson


And that concludes the look for both outfits, complete and ready to complete another evening of sass. What products have you been enjoying using? What are your wardrobe staples? Any recommendations? 




No comments

Post a Comment

© The Cornerstone for Thoughts! | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig