22 January 2017

21st Birthday: Get Ready with Me



This week I celebrated my 21st birthday and it was a fabulous week. I am always keen on milking my birthday celebrations and this year was no exception especially being the big one. I will do a look book blog post to document all my fashion choices this week but for today I want to show you my get ready with me for my final round of celebrations.

My final round of celebrations were with my family and what a superb evening we had. We had organised a private function at place where we lived called Tom at Twenty One and it was a fabulous evening. Amazing quality food, great company and just a great time of celebrating. I would highly recommend if you're in the Kent and after a location great for private dining parties then this would be recommendation.



Fashion
Let us begin in the fashion department. I usually would opt for colour but this time I went for black. A little black dress is such a great choice for any evening formal occasion and I love wearing little black dresses. This dress I brought from H/M and in the beginning it was a joke pick up because I wanted to see what this length and style looked on me. Being a petite little lady I tend to avoid lengths that go beyond my knee because I hate dresses that make me look smaller. Because lets not over egg the pudding I am already far too short as it is. This dress was £30 and I believe that the material and quality of the dress looks much more expensive and that is the great thing with the British high street. Us Brits are very lucky with the quality of high street since we can find such classy pieces that look much pricier than they really are which is great for being on a budget. I then teamed the dress with my usual Next heels due to the style of the shoe really blending in with the top of the dress that is netted and has the look of being cobwebbed. So the caged shoes match with the design and also gave me that extra added bit of height.



Hair
For my hair I enlisted the help of my little Sister Niamh who has a real talent with hair. She always does my hair and makes a fabulous job with my hair. To add with the complex of being short we decided to go with a top bun because this was going to elongate my height. We used a hair doughnut to create the bun shape because my hair isn't thick enough to create this on it's own and then used bobby pins to keep everything in place. To then prevent stray hairs we used the Toni and Guy hairspray which is superb at preventing such stray hairs and I would highly recommend the particular hairspray. Toni and Guy products are on the pricer level but are well worth the money if you are wanting decent products for formal evenings.


Make Up
As most of you know, Audrey Hepburn is my idol. I adore her natural beauty and her style. I think she was the epitome of class and sophistication. Her style was just so elegant and that is what I always want to achieve when I go out for formal events and in my casual attire. Her make up as well as her style achieved such elegance.

Prior to any caking of foundation I apply my trusty Revlon Photo ready primer because my skin immediately feels silky and ready for application. It also means my base lasts for that extra bit of time. 
Foundation I have been asked to declare for weeks but its the same one I use every time and it is the Benefit H20 Flawless Foundation mixed with their liquid Hoola Bronzer from Benefit Cosmetics just because this gives my Ivory shade a slightly deeper colour. I also used some of the MUA Liquid Highlighter in the shade Pink champagne and this created a real fresh texture on my skin. The liquid bronzer and highlighter also gave my foundation that added sheen. 
I really dislike a matte face as I find that it gives the impression that my skin has lost its natural hydration. To maintain my coverage around my T-Zone I applied Natural Collection's Pressed Powder which at £1.99 is a fan powder for setting any liquid bases without giving the look of dehydrated skin.

 I have a slight scar where I had a hormonal zit and it does not want to leave my skin which meant my skin required slightly more coverage than usual and this I use the Maybeline Fit me Concealer. I sometimes use this as a base coverage too because of the strength of its coverage. For underneath my eyes I use the trusty Revlon Colourstay concealer in Fair. This is great concealer for illuminating and covering those bags under your eyes and this coverage lasts all night which is even better.


For my eyes I wanted to keep them simple but bold enough to work with my statement lip and coverage. So I lined my top lash line with a NYX Cosmetics black liner which would be really good for concealing my lash line after the application of false lashes. I then lined my bottom lash line with a NYX Cosmetics pencil liner in brown because a brown shade is lighter shade for under neath the eye. Prior to this I have primed my eyelids with the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer because this primer manages to keep any shadows in place. I then used a taupe shade in the crease and a dark brown shade in the corner of my eye both shades came from the Urban Decay Matte basics palette. After shadowing my lids I then used Revlon's colourstay black liquid liner which is a superb liner due to the pigmentation as well as the lasting power. Revlon's colourstay range is superb and you would like to hope with the name 'colourstay' that their products would be long lasting but I kid you not they are brilliant products. This liquid liner I gently and thinly apply from the inner corner to the outside without flicks because I use this just as a mark for when my false lashes are applied. For lashes I use and love the Vintage range from Savers which at £1.99 are a brilliant purchase, they are excellent quality and apply really easily. False lashes are brilliant for enhancing just standard eyes into something smokier. Prior to the lash application I use the the Benefit Roller lash mascara on my top lashes for volume and ease the application for lashes. On my lower lashes I take the brush from this mascara and use the Revlon All in One mascara on the lower lashes. I find using an alternative mascara for my lower lashes really works for giving them a much gentler look on the lashes. I then move on to my lips.


The lips are the statement part of this look. When Hepburn goes for a red lip her eyes are not so strong which is the look I was going for. I firstly applied a red lipliner, this comes from Essence. Once lined I use Mac's matte lipstick in the shade Lady Danger as a base shade because this matches really lovely with the lip liner from Essence. Then to deepen the shade of the red, I apply a Rimmel's 107 lipstick over the top and although the lip liner is a lighter shade the two really blended seamlessly. These three products combined together create a shade that is long lasting enough to consume 4 large glasses of champers.


Thank you to all my friends and family for helping me celebrate my 21st Birthday I had a wonderful time over the week & feel very lucky to have everyone in my life. 

Ev
Xox








No comments

Post a Comment

© The Cornerstone for Thoughts! | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig