6 February 2017

Burnt Orange is the new Smoky


Unlike fashion I find make up to not have so many trends because you can bring in, bring back or take away anything without fear in todays day and age. I have recently been experimenting with colour most blues and cranberry shades because these shades are great for evening make up times. However this palette on Amazon in fact appealed to me because of it's lovely Autumnal shades and variety of such pretty colours. Most palettes I pick up tend to feature the same sorts of shades; taupes, browns and shimmery shades which are beautiful and are shades I wear most of the time but sometimes I want to be like David Bowie and mix things up ever so slightly.

So I have gone for wearing this burnt orange shade which you can see is quite bright. I felt that it deserved more than an Instagram post but a blog post too.



Base
No surprises how I began my base. I started with the Liz Earle Moisturiser for normal skin just to provide some hydration to this skin. The formulation of this moisturiser is fabulous for putting some moisture back into your skin without it feeling greasy or too oily. It may be pricer than my Nivea but is well worth the extra few founds. I then applied the trusty Revlon Photo ready primer which needs no explanation for how good it is because I have featured it so much. Then I changed things up and used the Revlon Colourstay Foundation. This foundation I have had for a while and used it for bigger events purely because this coverage is slightly higher than my trusty Benefit Flawless. I absolutely love this foundation because my skin looked brilliant despite having a blemish scar on my forehead that could be scouted by Google Earth with the size of it at the moment. I used the colour 'fair' but pumped a few pumps of Benefit's liquid Hoola onto the back of my hand with my foundation and mixed the two together just to create a slightly darker shade. This is because although I take an Ivory in most foundations, I tend to prefer a slightly more bronzed look to my skin that matches the olive complexion that I have. The liquid bronzer achieves and matches such an olive complexion too. Next I apply the matching Revlon Colourstay concealer in fair too under the my under eye circles which at this moment in time were quite dark. Dark because I was recovering from the lurgy which caused many sleepless nights. I then applied Rimmel's Lasting Perfection concealer and mixed with Maybeline's Fit me Concealer on the blemish scar and around my nose. I would never usually mix concealers or use two sometimes not use any but I appear to have the Rimmel product in a much lighter shade than my skin takes. Therefore to avoid looking like I was still poorly I needed to combine such a product with another. For contour I use the Natural Collection Bronzer and for highlight I used the Lottie London: Highlighting Squad palette which I mentioned in last months favourites. These highlighters are fabulous for their pigmentation and just general great quality.


Eyes
This palette was well worth the £12 purchase from Amazon due to the enormous choice of shades that have come with it. I selected the bright matte orange shade and applied this all over the lid. This application was after priming the lids with a MUA's eyeshadow primer. You will be amazed how much longer your eye make up will last if you apply a primer before applying your shades After applying this orange shade across the lid and blending it into the crease as well which adds depth to the shade; due to the depth of the shade I then went and lined my top and bottom waterlines with a brown pencil in chocolate from Essence which just defines the lash lines. I then apply a thin line of liquid eye liner on the top line ready to apply a set of false lashes. I opted for a natural looking set of lashes from Savers and applied these to the middle part just to give the eye a more winged out effect. 

For mascara before and after false lash application I used the Max Factor Masterpiece mascara in brown/black and this is a great mascara for length and volume on the lashes. Before applying mascara onto the bottom lashes I go in with a matte brown shadow underneath the lower lash line to complete the shadows and this also creates an end to the eyes in my opinion. I think this because I find my eye make up never to be complete without my lower lashes being shadowed, lined and brushed with some mascara. For my bottom lashes I use the Natural Collection Mascara because I find the brush is ideal for bottom lashes and doesn't smudge underneath due to the width of the brush.


Lips
Unlike most of my make up looks, this make up has not been focused around the lips. So I have lined my lips with firstly the Essence lip liner in the shade 'Lovely Frappucinco' which is a brilliant nude because it has a distinct brown undertone to it which means it can be worn on its own or as a lip liner which is its purpose. I then go in with a matte lipstick from Mac Cosmetics called 'Mehr' which is a new found favourite. I purchased this lipstick back in the Summer of last year but have only recently started loving this shade again because it is such a great shade for Winter and Autumn and it matched perfectly with my lip liner and blouse. 


Blouse- Boohoo

Related Blog Posts
January Favourites
Return of the Mack

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Cornerstone for Thoughts! | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig